Friday, November 7, 2008

KEITH'S EARLY MIDLIFE CRISIS

So, I began my blog in the summer, but I haven't posted anything since July. When I started I didn't even tell anyone about it because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to keep it up. I really am going to try to blog at least a couple of times a week. I look at other people's blogs and I am really motivated right now. Hopefully this feeling will last. So, I'm going to start telling people that I have a blog, but I'm not even sure how to add a list of friends like everyone else has.

Anyway, about Keith's midlife crisis. We decided this past July to uproot our family. Keith quit his job of 7 years working as a police officer to pursue a career as a pilot. It is something he has always wanted to do, and he figured now is the time since he's not getting any younger! We have had a crazy amount of changes. We moved out of our home in Waxahachie (a suburb of Dallas for those of you not from Texas) and moved in with my mom in Frisco (another suburb in the northern part of Dallas/Fort Worth). We kept our home and found some people to rent it. Hopefully that goes well. I've heard bad things about renting out your house! Keith began the first portion of his training on October 6th and started flying on October 8th! He absolutely loves it! The crazy thing about his new career is that I hate to fly! We are a great pair! Here are some pictures of Keith with his plane. I told him that he's not supposed to be taller than the plane - that makes me nervous...
He tells me that the planes are going to get bigger. I hope so because I am not getting in that thing!




Along with changing careers, he decided to go skydiving. Not sure what's going on with him! But, he's happy. The law enforcement career really took it out of him and he has had a much better attitude about life since he quit. I posted pictures of his skydiving also.

No comments: